initdb "Fails to initialize lc_time" (using 7.3.1)

От Drew Wilson
Тема initdb "Fails to initialize lc_time" (using 7.3.1)
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I'm getting this error "Failed to initialize lc_time" back from initdb
when trying to init a data directory. I'm using the latest top-of-tree
CVS sources.

I get the same error, regardless of the locale parameter I pass to
initdb. (same error w/  "--no-locale" or "--locale en", etc.)

I'm building top-of-tree sources, on OSX (tried on both 10.1.5 and
10.2).

I didn't see any "no-locale" configure option.... Any  other
suggestions?

Thanks,

Drew

The output from init message follows:

The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user
"drew".

The database cluster will be initialized with locale C.

creating directory data/postgres... ok
creating directory data/postgres/base... ok
creating directory data/postgres/global... ok
creating directory data/postgres/pg_xlog... ok
creating directory data/postgres/pg_clog... ok
creating template1 database in data/postgres/base/1... Failed to
initialize lc_timeok
creating configuration files... ok
initializing pg_shadow... Failed to initialize lc_timeok
enabling unlimited row size for system tables... Failed to initialize
lc_timeok
initializing pg_depend... Failed to initialize lc_timeok
creating system views... Failed to initialize lc_timeok
creating conversions... Failed to initialize lc_timeok
setting privileges on built-in objects... Failed to initialize lc_timeok
vacuuming database template1... Failed to initialize lc_timeok
copying template1 to template0... Failed to initialize lc_timeok

Success. You can now start the database server using:

     ./bin/postmaster -D data/postgres
or
     ./bin/pg_ctl -D data/postgres -l logfile start