Re: Replication

От Jeffrey Trueblood
Тема Re: Replication
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
James,
I also have had extreme difficulty finding a replication solution.
RServ is next to impossible to configure.

For the interim, I am using MS-DTS via odbc to copy data from one database
to another.
Although this is a very limited form of "replication", it does work.
If you want a procedure for this process, let me know.
If you find viable installation instructions for RServ, please let me know.

Other software you may want to look at:
eRserver
Usogres
dbbalancer

I hope this helps,
Jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: James Kelty [mailto:jamesk@ashlandagency.com]
Sent: Friday, August 02, 2002 1:46 PM
To: pgsql-novice@postgresql.org
Subject: [NOVICE] Replication

Hello,

I have been looking around on the internet for a replication service for
PostgreSQL 7.1.3, and I am getting a little frustrated. I have found
pgreplicator, and rserv.

Pgreplicator seemed to be a horrible product that errored out WAY more than
it actually worked, and rserv, while working well, had a problem with
Boolean data types.

Is there anything else? Has anyone had these problems?

-James

http://archives.postgresql.org