Authentication in batch processing

От Hal Lynch
Тема Authentication in batch processing
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I have postgres set up to require usernames and passwords for access.

The following script works just fine in 7.1.2 without manual
intervention.  Using 7.2.1 psql issues a password prompt and
blocks until a password is manually entered.

#######################################
#!/bin/sh

psql mydb <<\__EOD__
mypassword
create table mytable
    (
    ssn        char(9),
    name    char(50)
    );
__EOD__

For several years now I have been using scripts like the above
to drop and create 14 databases, and create and populate ~100
tables on a nightly basis.  I need this or something like it
to work.

As always I assume I am doing dumb.

Can someone help?

hal