Re: comments in argument list of plpgsql get stripped?

От Ralph Graulich
Тема Re: comments in argument list of plpgsql get stripped?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello Ray,

> You could use COMMENT ON instead:
>
>  COMMENT ON function func_test(text, text)
>  IS '....loads of documentation here....';
>
> Would this do the job?

Thank you for your input.

I know about the COMMENT ON function, as I use it for all other purposes, like documenting columns and other database
objects.-

Within the function I can also put unlimited amount of documentation in the body of the plpgsql function to document
theinnards. This kind of comments get stored without problems.

But in order to have the documentation where it belongs to, it would be better to put the documentation for the
argumentlist within the argument list, each comment to its argument. Let's assume you have 30 rather complex arguments
ormore you'll probably see my point - which might not be obvious in my simplified example.

Best regards,
   Ralph