PG 10 streaming replication pg_wal question

От ghiureai
Тема PG 10 streaming replication pg_wal question
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi LIst,
I am testing PG10 streaming replication ,  with archiving off, I have
pg_wal on separate directory  to monitor the growth , I had the slave
offline yesterday  for  more than 20h while I was restoring one of db
(60GB) with pg_restore from a backup taken with pg_dump, today I brought
the slave PG host online and replication catch up  nicely , master and
slave are in sync now, but  on master host the pg_wal is still same
large size ( as yesterday)  even after all the wal files had been
applied to salve, would replication process not suppose to removed the
wal files  on master after being applied to salve ?
( do I need to manually implement a cleanup job of this wal files, as
mentioned archiving is off on  both servers)
see bellow:

master:  pg_current_wal_lsn
-------------------- C5/D82DDD68

and slave:  pg_last_wal_receive_lsn