[ADMIN] PG 10 streaming replication with repmgr basic cfg Q

От ghiureai
Тема [ADMIN] PG 10 streaming replication with repmgr basic cfg Q
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi List,
I am  learning to cfg PG 10 streaming replication with repmgr ( master
-> slave rep cfg)  so far for basic  small transactions  , switching
over to slave and promoting as new master is  been smooth , now I am
trying a  copy/insert > 15 mill entries in a  table in master rep server
using " copy" from a file after less than 10 min the I filled aprox
20GB  allocated to  log, wal_files, here is from my pstgresql. conf and
repmgr , I cfg PG10  to use  replication slots do I still need
archive_mode "on" ?
Is this normal to generate so  many wal_files ?
and
How  I should handle "COPY" large amount/batch data in a streaming
replication cfg ?

my postgresql.conf
max_wal_senders=10
wal_level='hot_standby'
hot_standby=on ( on standby server)
archive_mode=on
archive_command = 'cp %p /var/lib/pgsql/10/archive/%f'

wal_keep_segments =10

max_replication_slots = 2
repmgr.conf

use_replication_slots=1

SELECT * FROM pg_replication_slots;   slot_name   | plugin | slot_type | datoid | database | temporary |
active | active_pid | xmin | catalog_xmin | restart_lsn |
confirmed_flush_lsn

repmgr_slot_1|        | physical  |        |          | f | f

|            |      |              | 0/14000108  |