Re: Covering GiST indexes

От Andreas Karlsson
Тема Re: Covering GiST indexes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 29/01/2019 18.00, Andreas Karlsson wrote:
> Thanks for the new version of the patch. Based on my knowledge of PG
> this is starting to look good, and I have only three small comments below.

Sorry, I missed retree in the tests. Can you fix the below to match the
gist example?

  CREATE INDEX on tbl USING rtree(c1, c2) INCLUDE (c3, c4);
  NOTICE:  substituting access method "gist" for obsolete method "rtree"
-ERROR:  access method "gist" does not support included columns
+ERROR:  data type integer has no default operator class for access
method "gist"
+HINT:  You must specify an operator class for the index or define a
default operator class for the data type.
+CREATE INDEX on tbl USING rtree(c4) INCLUDE (c1, c4);

Andreas