Re: BUG #17611: SJIS conversion rule about duplicated characters differ from Windows

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #17611: SJIS conversion rule about duplicated characters differ from Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> writes:
> This is not a bug, but the designed behavior. But we could change that
> conversion table if a plausible reasoning is raised.

Given how long our current behavior has stood, I think it'd have to be
a pretty convincing argument.  As you say, there'd be some serious
compatibility costs to changing that behavior.

IIUC, SJIS<->Unicode conversions have always been a squishy thing
because of inconsistencies between the various versions of "SJIS".
I'm not seeing a good reason we should regard Windows' behavior as
authoritative here.

I'm not saying I can't be convinced, but "Microsoft does it that
way" isn't enough to convince me.