Re: BUG #17611: SJIS conversion rule about duplicated characters differ from Windows

От Kyotaro Horiguchi
Тема Re: BUG #17611: SJIS conversion rule about duplicated characters differ from Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
At Thu, 08 Sep 2022 22:58:31 -0400, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote in
> Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> writes:
> > This is not a bug, but the designed behavior. But we could change that
> > conversion table if a plausible reasoning is raised.
>
> Given how long our current behavior has stood, I think it'd have to be
> a pretty convincing argument.  As you say, there'd be some serious
> compatibility costs to changing that behavior.
>
> IIUC, SJIS<->Unicode conversions have always been a squishy thing
> because of inconsistencies between the various versions of "SJIS".
> I'm not seeing a good reason we should regard Windows' behavior as
> authoritative here.
>
> I'm not saying I can't be convinced, but "Microsoft does it that
> way" isn't enough to convince me.

Yeah, it is more or less I meant.  And I suspect that the problem that
his customers are complaining is not caused by our specific conversion
table.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center

Сообщение: Re: huge memory of Postgresql backend process
Сообщение: RE: huge memory of Postgresql backend process