Re: [HACKERS] vacuum process size

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] vacuum process size
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Just for a confirmation: I see REL6_5_PATCHES and REL6_5 Tag in the
> CVS respository. I thought that REL6_5_PATCHES is the Tag for the 6.5
> statble tree and would eventually become 6.5.2. If so, what is the
> REL6_5 Tag? Or I totally miss the point?

Right, REL6_5_PATCHES is the 6.5.* branch.  REL6_5 is just a tag ---
that is, it's effectively a frozen snapshot of the 6.5 release,
not an evolvable branch.

I am not sure if Marc intends to continue this naming convention
in future, or if it was just a mistake to create REL6_5 as a tag
not a branch.  I don't see a whole lot of use for the frozen tag
myself...