Re: new heapcheck contrib module

От Mark Dilger
Тема Re: new heapcheck contrib module
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> On Oct 21, 2020, at 1:13 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
>
> On 2020-Oct-21, Robert Haas wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Oct 7, 2020 at 9:01 PM Mark Dilger <mark.dilger@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>>> This next version, attached, has the acl checking and associated documentation changes split out into patch 0005,
makingit easier to review in isolation from the rest of the patch series.

>>> Independently of acl considerations, this version also has some verbiage changes in 0004, in response to Andrey's
reviewupthread.

>> I was about to commit 0001, after making some cosmetic changes, when I
>> discovered that it won't link for me. I think there must be something
>> wrong with the NLS stuff. My version of 0001 is attached. The error I
>> got is:
>
> Hmm ... I don't think we have translation support in contrib, do we?  I
> think you could solve that by adding a "#undef _, #define _(...) (...)"
> or similar at the top of the offending C files, assuming you don't want
> to rip out all use of _() there.

There is still something screwy here, though, as this compiles, links and runs fine for me on mac and linux, but not
forRobert.

On mac, I'm using the toolchain from XCode, whereas Robert is using MacPorts.

Mine reports:

Apple clang version 11.0.0 (clang-1100.0.33.17)
Target: x86_64-apple-darwin19.6.0
Thread model: posix
InstalledDir: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin

Robert's reports:

clang version 5.0.2 (tags/RELEASE_502/final)
Target: x86_64-apple-darwin19.4.0
Thread model: posix
InstalledDir: /opt/local/libexec/llvm-5.0/bin

On linux, I'm using gcc (GCC) 4.8.5 20150623 (Red Hat 4.8.5-36)

Searching around on the web, there are various reports of MacPort's clang not linking libintl correctly, though I don't
knowif that is a real problem with MacPorts or just a few cases of user error.  Has anybody else following this thread
hadissues with MacPort's version of clang vis-a-vis linking libintl's gettext?

—
Mark Dilger
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company