Re: Chinese database name in URL, can I ?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Chinese database name in URL, can I ?
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Oliver Jowett <oliver@opencloud.com> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> At a guess, the name of the database will have to be in UTF8.  I doubt
>> that JDBC will think it should do any character set conversion on it.

> Has something changed here so that non-7-bit data in the startup packet
> will work?

The server just thinks those are 8-bit strings.  I guess my
recommendation is that you should go ahead and send UTF8, and if the
user created the non-ASCII name that way, it'll work.  (In practice I
think that means he'd have to issue the CREATE DATABASE or CREATE USER
command while logged into a database that uses UTF8 encoding.)

This whole business of per-database encodings is a mess, of course.