Re: Chinese database name in URL, can I ?

От Oliver Jowett
Тема Re: Chinese database name in URL, can I ?
Дата
Re: Chinese database name in URL, can I ?  (LiuYan 刘研 <lovetide@21cn.com>)
Список pgsql-jdbc
Tom Lane wrote:
> =?UTF-8?Q?LiuYan_=E5=88=98=E7=A0=94?= <lovetide@21cn.com> writes:
>> I've also tried add '&charSet=GBK' in the jdbcURL, and got the same result.
>
> At a guess, the name of the database will have to be in UTF8.  I doubt
> that JDBC will think it should do any character set conversion on it.

IIRC the last time I raised the issue of the encoding used for things
like database names & usernames in the startup packet the answer boiled
down to "don't use anything but 7-bit ASCII". So the driver sends those
strings as 7-bit ASCII (i.e. String.getBytes("US-ASCII")). If you've got
a database name or username that can't be represented using only 7-bit
ASCII, you're out of luck.

Has something changed here so that non-7-bit data in the startup packet
will work?

-O