Re: Old revised version, and a new one

От Michael Glaesemann
Тема Re: Old revised version, and a new one
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Friday, November 14, 2003, at 05:29 PM, Dave Page wrote:
>> From: Michael Glaesemann [mailto:grzm@myrealbox.com]
>> And I was running into problems with column width with words
>> not fitting into the 120px columns defined by the ads. I do
>> think 120px is a little narrow, making it harder to read
>> longer descriptions (due to line breaks) or even using longer
>> words in some cases. What are your thoughts on increasing the
>> left and right borders on the ads to make the columns wider?
>
> Ahh, a sense of déjà vu!!

Well-worn road, eh?

> The problem with increasing the left/right ad borders is that you then
> need to do the top/bottom as well or it just looks wrong.
>
> One this I did try previously that I seem to recall I liked but Marc
> wasn't so keen on (though maybe not for this reason) was including a
> solid title bar just below the header, right the way across.

I was thinking something very similar. You could take the links that
are currently banner and make something like a menu bar running beneath
the ads, the logotype, and the logo. This would also give us a lot more
space for varying length menu terms. I'm probably not the first person
to suggest this. Was there a reason why it wasn't implemented? I'll try
something like this as well.

Speaking of which, are there originals of the logotype and logo
floating around somewhere? I've been keen to clean up some of the
pixelation (from jpg compression?), but it might be easier just to
recreate them from the originals than spend the time pushing pixels.

Michael

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Old revised version, and a new one
Сообщение: Re: Old revised version, and a new one