Re: What`s wrong with JFS configuration?

Список
Период
Сортировка
От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: What`s wrong with JFS configuration?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Дерево обсуждения
What`s wrong with JFS configuration?  (Paweł Gruszczyński, )
 Re: What`s wrong with JFS configuration?  (Heikki Linnakangas, )
  Re: What`s wrong with JFS configuration?  (Dave Cramer, )
 Re: What`s wrong with JFS configuration?  (Paweł Gruszczyński, )
  Re: What`s wrong with JFS configuration?  (Greg Smith, )
 Re: What`s wrong with JFS configuration?  (Chris Browne, )
 Re: What`s wrong with JFS configuration?  (Jim Nasby, )
  Re: What`s wrong with JFS configuration?  (Cosimo Streppone, )
 Re: What`s wrong with JFS configuration?  ("Luke Lonergan", )
On Apr 25, 2007, at 8:51 AM, Paweł Gruszczyński wrote:
> where u6 stores Fedora Core 6 operating system, and u0 stores 3
> partitions with ext2, ext3 and jfs filesystem.

Keep in mind that drives have a faster data transfer rate at the
outer-edge than they do at the inner edge, so if you've got all 3
filesystems sitting on that array at the same time it's not a fair
test. I heard numbers on the impact of this a *long* time ago and I
think it was in the 10% range, but I could be remembering wrong.

You'll need to drop each filesystem and create the next one to get a
fair comparison.
--
Jim Nasby