Re: What`s wrong with JFS configuration?

Список
Период
Сортировка
От Cosimo Streppone
Тема Re: What`s wrong with JFS configuration?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Дерево обсуждения
What`s wrong with JFS configuration?  (Paweł Gruszczyński, )
 Re: What`s wrong with JFS configuration?  (Heikki Linnakangas, )
  Re: What`s wrong with JFS configuration?  (Dave Cramer, )
 Re: What`s wrong with JFS configuration?  (Paweł Gruszczyński, )
  Re: What`s wrong with JFS configuration?  (Greg Smith, )
 Re: What`s wrong with JFS configuration?  (Chris Browne, )
 Re: What`s wrong with JFS configuration?  (Jim Nasby, )
  Re: What`s wrong with JFS configuration?  (Cosimo Streppone, )
 Re: What`s wrong with JFS configuration?  ("Luke Lonergan", )
Jim Nasby wrote:

> On Apr 25, 2007, at 8:51 AM, Paweł Gruszczyński wrote:
>> where u6 stores Fedora Core 6 operating system, and u0 stores 3
>> partitions with ext2, ext3 and jfs filesystem.
>
> Keep in mind that drives have a faster data transfer rate at the
> outer-edge than they do at the inner edge [...]

I've been wondering from time to time if partitions position
can be a (probably modest, of course) performance gain factor.

If I create a partition at the beginning or end of the disk,
is this going to have a determined platter physical position?

I remember having heard that every manufacturer has its own
allocation logic.

Has anyone got some information, just for curiosity?

--
Cosimo