Re: [ADMIN] Strange times in WAL files in archive directory (9.3)

От Achilleas Mantzios
Тема Re: [ADMIN] Strange times in WAL files in archive directory (9.3)
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi Tom,

On 24/01/2017 15:29, Tom Lane wrote:
> The larger issue here is that you're confusing the function of an archive area with that of the active WAL directory.
Theserver will prune what is in the active WAL directory and does not want your
> help. In an archive directory, I'd expect the files to have monotonic timestamps corresponding to the times you
copiedthem over to the archive, so you could rely on the timestamp sequence there.
> regards, tom lane
I would be silly to mess around with pg_xlog. I was talking about the archive directory. *There* is where I noticed the
inconsistencies.In my second post in this thread I used pg_xlog to show the
difference in timestamp of the same md5-wise files between the two systems (pg_xlog vs archive dir).

--
Achilleas Mantzios
IT DEV Lead

От: David Steele
Сообщение: Re: [ADMIN] Strange times in WAL files in archive directory (9.3)
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [ADMIN] Strange times in WAL files in archive directory (9.3)