Re: postgres data permission

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: postgres data permission
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Silvio Brandani <silvio.brandani@tech.sdb.it> writes:
> I need to start a postgres istance on a samba filesystems /data which
> have rwxrwxrwx (777) permissions, Ic ould not change  such permissions.
> If I try to start postgres it complain that should be 700 permission .

> How can I skip this control by postgres startup process and be able to
> startup istance on this "special folder"??

You can't, and it wouldn't be a good idea even if you could.

I think what you're really saying is that you are trying to create a
Postgres data directory directly on a filesystem mount point.  Don't do
that (it's a large-caliber foot-gun even aside from permissions issues).
Make a subdirectory in the mount point, and use that as the data
directory, and make sure it has the right ownership and permissions.