Re: Postgres Traffic accounting

От Achilleas Mantzios
Тема Re: Postgres Traffic accounting
Дата
Re: Postgres Traffic accounting
Список pgsql-general
On 05/12/2016 14:35, William Ivanski wrote:

Does it need to be done by listening to network packets? You can get statistics by query and user with pgbadger.

I guess he'd have to use some tool like this :
https://www.vividcortex.com/resources/network-analyzer-for-postgresql
https://www.vividcortex.com/blog/2015/05/13/announcing-vividcortex-network-analyzer-mysql-postgresql/

This works by listening to the network and then correlate network activity with PIDs and then somehow via (pg_stat_* or ps) with queries.

Hallo,

I have to try traffic accounting for postgres using tcpdump and nfdump.
I can see what traffic is produced but cant see the query / activity who
do it. because there is an ssl connection. use plain text is not an option.

I also try to use tcap-postgres. this does not compile on my server and
its very old (year 2004).

Is there a way to see traffic network of postgres sort by query?

best regards
basti

William Ivanski

--
Achilleas Mantzios
IT DEV Lead

Сообщение: Re: Postgres Traffic accounting
Сообщение: Re: Postgres Traffic accounting