Re: how to upgrade from 8.4 to 9.2

От Achilleas Mantzios
Тема Re: how to upgrade from 8.4 to 9.2
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 29/11/2016 17:57, Marc Fromm wrote:

To be compatible with my live server I need to upgrade postgresql v8.4 running on a CentOS6.4 server to postgresql v9.2.  Is there a step by step procedure on this so that I properly remove 8.4, install 9.2 and have it work with PHP? Will CentOS6.4 support the newer version of postgreslq with yum updates or do I have to upgrade to CentOS7?

I'd say look at pg_upgrade and also make a lot of tests. Plan and test your final upgrade.
I have no experience with CentOS, I never use package managers for PostgreSQL, always compile from source.

The idea is to have the old binaries and the new binaries and then perform pg_upgrade. Pg_upgrade will guide you through.

I already downloaded pgdg-centos92-9.2-8.noarch.rpm for CentOS6.4 from https://yum.postgresql.org/repopackages.php#pg92.

Thanks

Marc

--