Re: BDR DML Only

От pba@mailme.dk
Тема Re: BDR DML Only
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> On 2014-09-15 19:54:42 +0200, pba@mailme.dk wrote:
>> Is it already possible or would you consider a configuration option that
>> would only replicate DML but not DDL ?
>>
>> This should of course be combined with a predictable way of manually
>> handling DDL errors. Like simply manually adding any missing DDL on the
>> "slave".
>
> As Christoph wrote this pretty much is already possible. Even if it
> could be prettier. What I'd like to know is what the exact use case you
> want it for is. Could you quickly explain?

Hi Christoph and Andres

Thanks for your quick replies.

I am not sure I have a very good case other than the very lousy argument
that I would trust it to be stable much more quickly :-)

I tried it and it works fine for the simple examples, but obvious once
things get a bit more complicated my case falls to pieces.

Trying to load the postgis extension then fails. It worked with DDL at
least on the first attempt. So we are back to the error recovery.

As far as I can see it will still "block" DDL operations on the second
server even if they are not replicated.

Poul