Re: Governance directory page for pg.o

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: Governance directory page for pg.o
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On 7/5/24 05:51, Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum wrote:
> On 19/06/2024 15:50, Joe Conway wrote:
>> As discussed during the PGConf.dev developer meeting, here is a first
>> pass attempt at a patch for pg.o to add a "Governance Directory" page,
>> along with a few supporting new pages. Specifically it proposes to
>> move the "Committers" and "Sysadmin" pages off the wiki and onto pg.o,
>> and adds pages for the Contributors Committee and Recognized
>> Contributors Policy (as discussed back in February at FOSDEM).
>>
>> There is more that can and should be done here, but I was hoping to
>> get this set of changes in place before trying to boil the ocean.
>> * More/missing teams/committees
>> * Add "how to volunteer/help" to individual team pages
>> * Other stuff?
>>
>> Comments/thoughts/flames?
>>

> While I know it's a hot topic, I think the funds group is quite well hidden.
>
> One has to go "Non Profit Organizations" and then it's mentioned under
> "Other PostgreSQL efforts".
>
> The entire page is odd: it's linked as "NPOs" from the "Governance" page,
> but the title is "Donate".
>
> The "Donate" page covers two different topics:
>
> - NGOs (PGCA, other NGOs) + groups (funds group)
> - Donations
>
> I get that this is about the "Donate" buttons, but the structure and mixed
> content is not what one can expect on a "Donate" page - which is also
> linked as "Donate" in the menu. I don't expect the list of NGOs and groups
> there.
>
> Probably split this up into two pages? And move funds group to the
> "Governance" page as well?

Agreed that it is a strange mixture of content. So are you thinking
something like this?

1. Donate page made to be strictly about donations
2. Create new NPO page with the descriptions and links to the recognized
    NPOs. This page is the one linked from the Governance page.
3. List the Funds Group on the governance page as separate link

While looking at that I thought about some additional adjustments:

1. Remove the Core Team Membership section from the Funds Group page
2. Add some words about "how to become a funds group member" to the
    Fundraising Group Membership section
3. Move the list of members and past members of the Funds Group from
    the wiki and to the Funds Group page
4. Move the Funds Group page from "Policy" to "Governance"
5. Split the bottom part (Voting/Process/Requests) of the current
    Funds Group page off, and create a Funds Group Policy page listed
    under "Policy"

--
Joe Conway
PostgreSQL Contributors Team