Re: pgbench

От Simeó Reig
Тема Re: pgbench
Дата
Re: pgbench  (Giuseppe Broccolo <giuseppe.broccolo@2ndquadrant.it>)
Список pgsql-general
A 2013-10-03 15:51, Adrian Klaver escrigué:
> On 10/03/2013 06:21 AM, Simeó Reig wrote:
>>   Hello
>>
>>   I was doing a performance test with pgbench with a pretty long
>> queries
>> and I have the next error:
>>
>>   $ pgbench -n -c1 -T 3 -f veins_pgbench.sql pdn
>>   Client 0 aborted in state 0: ERROR:  syntax error at end of input
>>   LINE 1: ...(abc.persones.provincia = abc.poblacions.cod_provinc
>>   ^
>>   transaction type: Custom query
>>   scaling factor: 1
>>   query mode: simple
>>   number of clients: 1
>>   number of threads: 1
>>   duration: 3 s
>>   number of transactions actually processed: 0
>>   tps = 0.000000 (including connections establishing)
>>   tps = 0.000000 (excluding connections establishing)
>>
>>   I believe pgbench has a very low limit with the queries you can put
>> inside a file with the 't' option.
>>   Am I right? How can avoid it ?
>

> Well first you say 't' option but show 'T' option, they are different.
>
> Second the error is reporting a syntax error in your script, so I
> would look there first.

Yes, I did I mistake. I would say 'f' option (file option) not 't'
option, sorry . But no, there is no mistake with the script, I can do:

# psql -d pdn < veins_pgbench.sql

and it works perfectly

thanks Adrian, I'm almost sure that the problem is the query is too
long for pgbench (1600 characters)

Best regards

Simeó Reig
Barcelona (Spain)