Re: pgbench

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: pgbench
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 10/03/2013 07:11 AM, Simeó Reig wrote:
> A 2013-10-03 15:51, Adrian Klaver escrigué:
>> On 10/03/2013 06:21 AM, Simeó Reig wrote:
>>>   Hello
>>>
>>>   I was doing a performance test with pgbench with a pretty long queries
>>> and I have the next error:
>>>
>>>   $ pgbench -n -c1 -T 3 -f veins_pgbench.sql pdn
>>>   Client 0 aborted in state 0: ERROR:  syntax error at end of input
>>>   LINE 1: ...(abc.persones.provincia = abc.poblacions.cod_provinc
>>>   ^
>>>   transaction type: Custom query
>>>   scaling factor: 1
>>>   query mode: simple
>>>   number of clients: 1
>>>   number of threads: 1
>>>   duration: 3 s
>>>   number of transactions actually processed: 0
>>>   tps = 0.000000 (including connections establishing)
>>>   tps = 0.000000 (excluding connections establishing)
>>>
>>>   I believe pgbench has a very low limit with the queries you can put
>>> inside a file with the 't' option.
>>>   Am I right? How can avoid it ?
>>

>> Well first you say 't' option but show 'T' option, they are different.
>>
>> Second the error is reporting a syntax error in your script, so I
>> would look there first.
>
> Yes, I did I mistake. I would say 'f' option (file option) not 't'
> option, sorry . But no, there is no mistake with the script, I can do:
>
> # psql -d pdn < veins_pgbench.sql
>
> and it works perfectly
>
> thanks Adrian, I'm almost sure that the problem is the query is too long
> for pgbench (1600 characters)

You have not shown the query, but could you be running into the belwo:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/interactive/pgbench.html

"The format of a script file is one SQL command per line; multiline SQL
commands are not supported. Empty lines and lines beginning with -- are
ignored. Script file lines can also be "meta commands", which are
interpreted by pgbench itself, as described below."

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com