Anyone successfully moved the pg_xlog to a separate drive on windows server?

От Mikel Lindsaar
Тема Anyone successfully moved the pg_xlog to a separate drive on windows server?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello all,

I tried in vain last night to move the pg_xlog directory to another
drive to get some more speed out of our database.

To do this, I used linkd.exe from the Windows Server 2003 Resource
Kit.  This tool creates a 'junction' (which is the Windows term for
symlink).

However, with the pg_xlog moved to the new drive, the junction created
and able to be navigated through on the command line and explorer,
when I start up Postgres it gives an error. I put all the details in a
bug report:

  http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2008-04/msg00084.php

But has anyone figured a work around on this?

I am still in negotiation with the powers that be to move over to a
BSD OS, but in the mean time I need to solve this somehow.

Any ideas?

Mikel