Re: Some thoughts about i/o priorities and throttling vacuum

От Stephen
Тема Re: Some thoughts about i/o priorities and throttling vacuum
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Is it possible to have an optional delay in plain VACUUM for each invocation
rather than database wide? Something along the line of an optional THROTTLE
or DELAY parameter for the VACUUM command. The THROTTLE is ignored when FULL
or FREEZE is selected.

VACUUM [ FULL ] [ FREEZE ] [ VERBOSE ] [THROTTLE] ANALYZE [ table [ (column

This way autovacuum can still throttle VACUUM as needed in future (either in
contrib or backend) and administrators can decide to apply different delays
for different tables depending on the usage.

Regards, Stephen