Re: Is this good spec for a PostgreSQL server?

От Decibel!
Тема Re: Is this good spec for a PostgreSQL server?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sep 19, 2007, at 6:30 AM, Bjørn T Johansen wrote:
> It's a Dell server with the following spec:
>
> PE2950 Quad-Core Xeon E5335 2.0GHz, dual
> 4GB 667MHz memory
> 3 x 73GB SAS 15000 rpm disk
> PERC 5/I Integrated controller card (8 ports, 256MB cache, battery
> backup) x 6 backplane

RAID5 is not a recipe for performance on a database, if that's what
you were thinking.

Of course, without having any idea of database size or transaction
rate, it's impossible to tell you if that's a good server for your
needs or not. Maybe all you need is a 486. :)
--
Decibel!, aka Jim C. Nasby, Database Architect  decibel@decibel.org