Is this good spec for a PostgreSQL server?

От Bjørn T Johansen
Тема Is this good spec for a PostgreSQL server?
Дата
Re: Is this good spec for a PostgreSQL server?  (Gregory Stark <stark@enterprisedb.com>)
Re: Is this good spec for a PostgreSQL server?  (Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net>)
Re: Is this good spec for a PostgreSQL server?  (Robert Gravsjö <robert@blogg.se>)
Re: Is this good spec for a PostgreSQL server?  (Decibel! <decibel@decibel.org>)
Re: Is this good spec for a PostgreSQL server?  (Benjamin Smith <ben@schoolpathways.com>)
Список pgsql-general
It's a Dell server with the following spec:

PE2950 Quad-Core Xeon E5335 2.0GHz, dual
4GB 667MHz memory
3 x 73GB SAS 15000 rpm disk
PERC 5/I Integrated controller card (8 ports, 256MB cache, battery backup) x 6 backplane

Is this ok to run PostgreSQL 8.2.x and Tomcat on? And does anyone know if this PERC controller is supported under
Linux (not heard of it before...)

Regards,

BTJ

Bjørn T Johansen

btj@havleik.no
Someone wrote:
"I understand that if you play a Windows CD backwards you hear strange Satanic messages"
To which someone replied: