Re: Is this good spec for a PostgreSQL server?

От Bjørn T Johansen
Тема Re: Is this good spec for a PostgreSQL server?
Дата
Re: Is this good spec for a PostgreSQL server?  (Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 07:59:36 -0500

> On 09/19/07 07:33, Bjørn T Johansen wrote:
> > Well, it isn't really the largest database or the database that
> > need the most performance... At the moment, the database isn't
> > larger than 15MB and is growing slowly... It is a webapp that is
>
> That'll fit in shared memory.  Very fast.
>
> Where will it be in a year?

Well, twice as much I guess...

> > using the database and at the most (at the moment) there is about
> > 12-14 concurrent users and not much data volume...
>
> How many users in a year?

It's an internal webapp for a company, so I guess not that much more...

> > We are thinking about this spec. because the web app is a java
> > app, and we need need something that can run java fast as well as
> > postgresql...
>
> 12-14 users on a Quad-core system with 4GB RAM?
>
> Am I so old that (even accepting Tomcat and Java) that seems
> "excessive"?

Yes, I think that it's a bit excessive but the company can afford it so why not... :)

BTJ