Re: Updates for PostgreSQL.org one-click installer download pages

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Updates for PostgreSQL.org one-click installer download pages
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On 07/25/2016 11:47 AM, Andy Astor wrote:
> I think it’s quite reasonable for a company to want to be identified in
> the title of the distro. As I wrote in my note a couple of weeks ago, I
> think we should want to balance (a) non-marketing/non-commercial with
> (b) making it very simple for the user to know what they’re looking at,
> in a fact-based way. I continue to believe that the community is
> well-served by organization-specific messages that are /brief,
> fact-based, and understated./

+1

I originally suggested a limit of 150 words. But I think that is to
high. The paragraph above is 77 words, I think that is too long. I am
thinking 50 words makes the most sense.

For EnterpriseDB it would be:

"""
EnterpriseDB Interactive Installer:

This installer includes the PostgreSQL server, pgAdmin; a graphical tool
for managing and developing your databases, and StackBuilder.
Stackbuilder a package manager for the distribution, includes
management, integration, migration, replication, geospatial, connectors
and other tools.

This installer can run in graphical, command line, or silent install modes.
"""

That's it. Any more than that and we are literally feeding marketing
people. That is not our purpose.

Sincerely

--
Command Prompt, Inc.                  http://the.postgres.company/                        +1-503-667-4564
Unless otherwise stated, opinions are my own.

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: