Re: Forthcoming SQL standards about JSON and Multi-Dimensional Arrays (FYI)

От Peter Baumann
Тема Re: Forthcoming SQL standards about JSON and Multi-Dimensional Arrays (FYI)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Stefan,

On 07/09/2016 04:03 PM, Stefan Keller wrote:
> Hi Peter, hi all,
>
> I wrote 2016-07-06 13:19 GMT+02:00:
>>> ... But ISO/IEC CD 9075-15
>>> (Multi-Dimensional Arrays) is in stage 30.92 "CD referred back to
>>> Working Group".  Is that how they say "returned with feedback"?
>>> ISO/IEC PDTR 19075-5 (Row Pattern Recognition) has also reached stage
>>> 30.60.  Does anyone know what that one is about?  ...
> @Peter B. Can you clarify the stage?

there were comments from the national delegations which have to be worked
through by providing a draft that implements changes where considered
applicable, and justifying when not implemented. This is in accordance with ISO
"bureaucracy", if you will, which defines a fine-grain, therefore transparent,
process. Personally, I find this many-eyes principle very fruitful.

> Regarding the differences of array functions of the ISO proposal, I
> have no clue why the working group did not follow the implementation
> of PostgreSQL.
>
> @Peter B. You know PostgreSQL well. Can you explain?

the WG has discussed all relevant approaches and decided in favour of the one it
found most suitable.

cheers,
Peter

--