Re: Updates for PostgreSQL.org one-click installer download pages

От Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Тема Re: Updates for PostgreSQL.org one-click installer download pages
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On 07/06/2016 07:55 PM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> On 07/06/2016 10:54 AM, Rader, David wrote:
>> I am concerned that the "bare metal" description is misleading to users,
>> since on both the Linux and Windows installers an OS is still required.
>> Suggesting that the installer can setup a full stack including OS will
>> be confusing.
>>

> Bare metal is an industry standard term for, "not virtualized".

it is but it is usually used in the context of operating systems - so I
kinda agree with david here that personally I would expect something
that is for "bare metal" is something that can directly be installed on
physical hardware (as in an OS).

Stefan

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Updates for PostgreSQL.org one-click installer download pages
Сообщение: Re: Updates for PostgreSQL.org one-click installer download pages