Re: psql connection option: statement_timeout

От Craig Boyd
Тема Re: psql connection option: statement_timeout
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 07/03/2016 07:00 PM, Melvin Davidson wrote:

On Sun, Jul 3, 2016 at 7:52 PM, Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> wrote:
correction:

alter user reporting set statement_timemout=60 is handy for users that
should never take a long time to connect.

should read

alter user reporting set statement_timemout=60 is handy for users that
should never take a long time to run a statement.

>Part of what I am trying to do is understand the delineation between those options I have at connect time as part of the connection string versus those that should be scripted...

It is fairly simple. The options you have at connect time are documented here:
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/app-psql.html

All other commands/statements must be executed after connect, specified with the -c option or included in a file with -f .
Note the exceptions that can be specified per user as Scott mentioned.

Melvin Davidson

Hi Melvin,

OK...I can see that for some of the web page that you linked to, but not all.  Which is fine.
Part of my confusion stems from the name of this page:
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/runtime-config-client.html ~ 18.11. Client Connection Defaults
This leads me to believe that the options specified on this page can be altered at connect time.  Based on what you are telling me and my own failures to connect using options on this page then I have to assume that these are options that can be changed post login.
Thanks for everyone's help.  This makes a bit more sense.  :)

Sincerely,

Craig

Сообщение: Re: Unable to recovery due missing wal_file
Сообщение: Re: Unable to recovery due missing wal_file