Re: Database in use?

От Carol Walter
Тема Re: Database in use?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
That's interesting and is probably the answer to my question as to why
this happens.  Thanks, Nick.  What it doesn't explain is why I was
able to connect to a test database using PhpPgAdmin and close the
browser, without logging out, and I was able to rename my test
database.  I couldn't reproduce the behavior.  I wonder if it is a
property of the particular browser or desktop platform.  I was using
Firefox on a Mac.  The users use Windows.  I'm not sure which browser
they are using.

I also still want to know if there is a way to gracefully break that
persistent connection on the server side.  Using a PHP front end over
the web, I don't always know who has a browser open.

Thanks,
Carol