pg_tune replacement

От Ivan Mincik
Тема pg_tune replacement
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi all,
I am looking for some pg_tune replacement, which is working for latest
PostgreSQL versions. What I need is to have some tool, which can compute
some basic, reasonable configuration defaults for basic deployment
scenarios like pg_tune did - dedicated server, web server ...

I understand, that perfect DB server tuning can't be done by script, but
there are some use cases - for example automatic deployment of
virtual/cloud servers, where such tool can provide much more better
configuration than default one.

What I have found, is this [1] web tool which is looking good and the
source code is published on GitHub [2].
What is the difference to pg_tune ? Is it really producing good results
for latest PostgreSQL versions ?

Thank you very much.

1 - http://pgtune.leopard.in.ua/
2 - https://github.com/le0pard/pgtune