Re: Reviewing freeze map code

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Reviewing freeze map code
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 05/17/2016 12:32 PM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

>   Syntaxes are;
>   VACUUM (SCAN_ALL) table_name;
>   VACUUM (SCAN_ALL);  -- for all tables on database
>
> Is SCAN_ALL really the best we can do here?  The business of having an
> underscore in an option name has no precedent (other than
> CURRENT_DATABASE and the like).  How about COMPLETE, TOTAL, or WHOLE?

VACUUM (ANALYZE, VERBOSE, WHOLE)

That seems reasonable? I agree that SCAN_ALL doesn't fit. I am not
trying to pull a left turn but is there a technical reason we don't just
make FULL do this?

JD

--
Command Prompt, Inc.                  http://the.postgres.company/                        +1-503-667-4564

От: Masahiko Sawada
Сообщение: Re: Reviewing freeze map code