Re: A Modest Upgrade Proposal

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: A Modest Upgrade Proposal
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 05/16/2016 06:22 PM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> David Fetter wrote:
>
>> As a relatively (to our users) minor course correction, I would like
>> to propose the following:
>
>> - Develop a logical upgrade path as a part of the (Yay! Sexy!) logical
>>    replication that's already in large part built.
>>
>> This path would, of course, run either locally or across a network,
>> and be testable in both cases.
>
> This is one use case that pglogical intends to fulfill.  If you're able
> to contribute to that project, I'm sure many would appreciate it.  Right
> now the hottest question seems to be: is this something that should be
> an extension, or should it be part of core with its own set of DDL etc?
> The current patch is geared towards the former, so if the community at
> large prefers to have it as the latter and would oppose the former, now
> is the time to speak up so that the course can be corrected.

Alvaro,

Thank you for bringing this to light. Is there a contributor FAQ for
PgLogical so that people can help?

Sincerely,

jD

--
Command Prompt, Inc.                  http://the.postgres.company/                        +1-503-667-4564

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: A Modest Upgrade Proposal
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: A Modest Upgrade Proposal