Re: [GENERAL] Checkpoint request failed on version 8.2.1.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Checkpoint request failed on version 8.2.1.
Дата
Re: [GENERAL] Checkpoint request failed on version 8.2.1.  (Richard Troy <rtroy@ScienceTools.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
"Jim C. Nasby" <jim@nasby.net> writes:
> Given that this could result in data loss, if this was to be done I'd
> very much want to see a way to disable it in a production environment.

Production environments are the same ones that won't be happy with
random checkpoint failures, either.

If we can't find a way to positively identify the deleted-file failures
then I think we've got to do something like this.

(You know, of course, that my opinion is that no sane person would run a
production database on Windows in the first place.  So the data-loss
risk to me seems less of a problem than the unexpected-failures problem.
It's not like there aren't a ton of other data-loss scenarios in that OS
that we can't do anything about...)