Re: [HACKERS] Checkpoint request failed on version 8.2.1.

От Jim C. Nasby
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Checkpoint request failed on version 8.2.1.
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Checkpoint request failed on version 8.2.1.  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Jan 11, 2007 at 03:14:37PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> The downside of this is that a real EACCES problem wouldn't get noted at
> any level higher than LOG, and so you could theoretically lose data
> without much warning.  But I'm not seeing anything else we could do
> about it --- AFAIK we have not heard of a way we can distinguish this
> case from a real permissions problem.  And anyway there should never
> *be* a real permissions problem; if there is then the user's been poking
> under the hood sufficient to void the warranty anyway ;-)

Or some other "helpful" process such as a virus scanner has been poking
under the hood for you... :(

Given that this could result in data loss, if this was to be done I'd
very much want to see a way to disable it in a production environment.