Re: status/timeline of pglogical?

От Josh berkus
Тема Re: status/timeline of pglogical?
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On 05/11/2016 09:35 AM, Dave Page wrote:

>>> I strongly oppose recommending any non-core 'stuff' in the docs or
>>> press releases/announcements (including pgAdmin 4).

Well, the line I was going to add was this:

Version 9.6 Beta 1 also makes [changes to the binary backup
API](http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/functions-admin.html#FUNCTIONS-ADMIN-BACKUP-TABLE).
Users should test version 9.6 with PostgreSQL backup tools, including
pgBackRest, Barman, WAL-E, and other packaged and in-house software.
Users may also wish to test
[pglogical](https://github.com/2ndQuadrant/pglogical/), the newest
logical replication system for PostgreSQL, currently in beta.

... none of that is "recommending" anything; it's all about "please test
these things", which is what a beta announcement is *for*.  It also
doesn't hurt us at all to show a lot of activity on the replication front.

However, given that it's less than 24 hours before the beta release, I
don't see that we can get consensus on this before it needs to go out,
so taking that line out.

I'll work on a separate beta announcement with the 2Q folks for later.

Josh Berkus
Red Hat OSAS
(any opinions are my own)

Сообщение: Re: status/timeline of pglogical?
Сообщение: Re: status/timeline of pglogical?