Re: Academic help for Postgres

От Konstantin Knizhnik
Тема Re: Academic help for Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 11.05.2016 17:32, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 05:31:10PM +0300, Konstantin Knizhnik wrote:
>>
>> On 11.05.2016 17:20, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>>> I am giving a keynote at an IEEE database conference in Helsinki next
>>> week (http://icde2016.fi/).  (Yes, I am not attending PGCon Ottawa
>>> because I accepted the Helsinki conference invitation before the PGCon
>>> Ottawa date was changed from June to May).
>>>
>>> As part of the keynote, I would like to mention areas where academia can
>>> help us.  The topics I can think of are:
>>>
>>>     Query optimization
>>>     Optimizer statistics
>>>     Indexing structures
>>>     Reducing function call overhead
>>>     CPU locality
>>>     Sorting
>>>     Parallelism
>>>     Sharding
>>>
>>> Any others?
>>>
>> Incremental materialized views?
> I don't know.  Is that something academics would research?

I am not sure.
There is definitely a question which views can be incrementally
recalculated and which inductive extension has to be constructed to make
it possible. If you google for "incremental materialized views phd", you
will get a larger number of references to articles.
But I do not know if all question in this area are already closed or not...

--
Konstantin Knizhnik
The Russian Postgres Company

Сообщение: Re: Academic help for Postgres
Сообщение: Re: Academic help for Postgres