Re: status/timeline of pglogical?

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: status/timeline of pglogical?
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On 05/09/2016 09:53 AM, Josh berkus wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I'm wondering whether or not we should be promoting pglogical with the
> release as an external extension.  Here's what that would hinge on:
>
> 1. is it easily installable as an external extension?  if so, where can
> people download it?

Yes, if you are running deb/ubuntu or RHEL/Cent.

> 2. are the issues raised on -hackers likely to be resolved by September?

Unknown as there is very little if any communication from 2Q about
PgLogical.

> 3. is it ready for playing with now?  can people get as far as test
> setups with it?

Play with? Yes. I have been testing it since 1.0. 1.1 is on my list this
week, it supposedly fixes a few things that i ran into but see my
comment about communication. Whether or not it is production ready still
remains to be seen, there are way too many, "It through this error, what
does it mean" and "Why doesn't the documentation tell me X?"

If we advocate PgLogical it needs to be opened up more or at least the
message should be one of, "Look at what cool things companies can do
with the Pg extension API" not of "Look at this new PostgreSQL project
thing"

Sincerely,

JD

                         +1-503-667-4564