Re: Autovacuum of pg_shdepend

От Ondřej Světlík
Тема Re: Autovacuum of pg_shdepend
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Dne 4.5.2016 v 17:25 Alvaro Herrera napsal(a):
> Ondřej Světlík wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> we have a strange problem with autovacuum. We have three workers, but
>> usually only one works and two are waiting as they are all trying to process
>> table pg_shdepend which is shared between all databases.
>
> Ooh, interesting bug.
>
> As a workaround I suggest connecting to all of your databases except one
> and disabling autovacuum for pg_shdepend.  Then the table will be
> processed in the one database where you left it enabled, and the other
> workers will take care of the rest of the tables.
>
> I'll think about a real fix.

Thank you, Alvaro,

we have already tried this, but we are not permitted to alter system
tables. Changing allow_system_table_mods doesn't seem safe enough, is
there another way to achieve this?

Oh, I forgot to mention this is 9.4.7.

Thanks,

Ondřej

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Autovacuum of pg_shdepend
Сообщение: Re: Autovacuum of pg_shdepend