Re: ALTER TABLE lock downgrades have broken pg_upgrade

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: ALTER TABLE lock downgrades have broken pg_upgrade
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 05/03/2016 01:58 PM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>
>> And if this is of any use, here are the dump differences from every live
>> version to git tip, as of this morning.
> Interesting, thanks.  I wonder if some of these diffs could be reduced
> further by using pg_dump -Fd instead of a single text dump -- then
> internal ordering would not matter, and I see that a large part of these
> diffs is where GRANTs appear.  (I don't think it's a problem to use a
> newer pg_dump to dump the older databases that don't support -Fd, for
> this purpose.)
>
> How would you recommend to run this in the coverage reporting machine?
> Currently it's just doing "make check-world".  Could we add a buildfarm
> script to run, standalone?

Well, to run it you just run a buildfarm animal, possibly not even
registered, with the module enabled. The module is actually in every
buildfarm release, and has been for some time, but it's not enabled.
Right now even if it runs it doesn't report anything to the server, it
just outputs success/failure lines to stdout.

cheers

andrew