Re: ALTER TABLE lock downgrades have broken pg_upgrade

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: ALTER TABLE lock downgrades have broken pg_upgrade
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> And if this is of any use, here are the dump differences from every live
> version to git tip, as of this morning.

Interesting, thanks.  I wonder if some of these diffs could be reduced
further by using pg_dump -Fd instead of a single text dump -- then
internal ordering would not matter, and I see that a large part of these
diffs is where GRANTs appear.  (I don't think it's a problem to use a
newer pg_dump to dump the older databases that don't support -Fd, for
this purpose.)

How would you recommend to run this in the coverage reporting machine?
Currently it's just doing "make check-world".  Could we add a buildfarm
script to run, standalone?

Сообщение: Re: ALTER TABLE lock downgrades have broken pg_upgrade
Сообщение: Re: ALTER TABLE lock downgrades have broken pg_upgrade