Re: Hash Indexes

От Jesper Pedersen
Тема Re: Hash Indexes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 09/20/2016 09:02 AM, Amit Kapila wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 16, 2016 at 11:22 AM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I do want to work on it, but it is always possible that due to some
>> other work this might get delayed.  Also, I think there is always a
>> chance that while doing that work, we face some problem due to which
>> we might not be able to use that optimization.  So I will go with your
>> suggestion of removing hashscan.c and it's usage for now and then if
>> required we will pull it back.  If nobody else thinks otherwise, I
>> will update this in next patch version.
>>

> In the attached patch, I have removed the support of hashscans.  I
> think it might improve performance by few percentage (especially for
> single row fetch transactions) as we have registration and destroy of
> hashscans.

I have been running various tests, and applications with this patch
together with the WAL v5 patch [1].

As I havn't seen any failures and doesn't currently have additional
feedback I'm moving this patch to "Ready for Committer" for their feedback.

If others have comments, move the patch status back in the CommitFest
application, please.

[1]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAA4eK1KE%3D%2BkkowyYD0vmch%3Dph4ND3H1tViAB%2B0cWTHqjZDDfqg%40mail.gmail.com

Best regards, Jesper