Re: Fastest way to duplicate a quite large database

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: Fastest way to duplicate a quite large database
Дата
Re: Fastest way to duplicate a quite large database  (Louis Battuello <louis.battuello@etasseo.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On 4/12/2016 7:55 AM, John McKown wrote:
> Hum, I don't know exactly how to do it, but on Linux, you could put
> the "Customer" database in a tablespace which resides on a BTRFS
> filesystem. BTRFS can do a quick "snapshot" of the filesystem....

except, tablespaces aren't standalone, and there's no provision for
importing the contents of the tablespace.     all the metadata remains
in the default tablespace, which leaves all sorts of room for problems
if you do this.

the /best/ way to achieve what the OP is asking for would likely be to
run the tests on a seperate server (or at least seperate postgres
instance aka cluster), and use pg_basebackup to rebuild this test instance.

Сообщение: Re: Fastest way to duplicate a quite large database
Сообщение: Re: Fastest way to duplicate a quite large database