Re: SE-PostgreSQL and row level security

От BogDan Vatra
Тема Re: SE-PostgreSQL and row level security
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Pavel Stehule wrote:
>> 2009/2/17 Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>:
>>> All,
>>>
>>> I thought we'd agreed to compromise on having SE without row-level in
>>> 8.4,
>>> and working on SE with row-level in 8.5.  Why are we revisiting this
>>> argument?  8.4 is *already* late; arguing further about the terms of SE
>>> simply risk us being forced to reject it entirely.
>>>

>> I absolutely agree. It nonsense open again and again closed question.
>
> I also agree. What we should do now is to make progress the proposed
> feature for v8.4, not a upcoming feature.
>
> BogDan,
> As I noted before, I can understand your requirement, but we already
> decided to postpone a part of features within originally proposed,
> because we're paying effort to develop v8.4 within reasonable schedule.
> I'd like you to guess who wanted the row-level stuff to be merged most.

I understand postgresql 8.4 should be shipped within reasonable schedule,
but you see, row-level  security will help more people then integration
with se-linux. Please don't understand me wrong, I appreciate what you do,
but for me se-linux is a little "science fiction" (and I ensure you, they
are many like me).
I see a lot of new useful features on postgresql 8.4 and row-level should
be the cherry on the cake.

I hope row level security will be accepted soon on 8.5 and you'll continue
to provide a patch for 8.4.x too.  A patch against 8.4 will help many of
us to start working with this feature on a stable server until 8.5 will be
out.

Thanks for your hard work,

BogDan,