Re: SE-PostgreSQL and row level security

От KaiGai Kohei
Тема Re: SE-PostgreSQL and row level security
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Pavel Stehule wrote:
> 2009/2/17 Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>:
>> All,
>>
>> I thought we'd agreed to compromise on having SE without row-level in 8.4,
>> and working on SE with row-level in 8.5.  Why are we revisiting this
>> argument?  8.4 is *already* late; arguing further about the terms of SE
>> simply risk us being forced to reject it entirely.
>>

> I absolutely agree. It nonsense open again and again closed question.

I also agree. What we should do now is to make progress the proposed
feature for v8.4, not a upcoming feature.

BogDan,
As I noted before, I can understand your requirement, but we already
decided to postpone a part of features within originally proposed,
because we're paying effort to develop v8.4 within reasonable schedule.
I'd like you to guess who wanted the row-level stuff to be merged most.

Thanks,
--
OSS Platform Development Division, NEC
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com>