Re: BUG #2415: "make install" failde during the installation

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #2415: "make install" failde during the installation
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
"amel" <hamdi_benmessaoud@yahoo.fr> writes:
> I'm trying to install PostGreSQl version8.1.3 under linux,but i ge the
> following error during the installation when i type "make install" :
>   make:**** no rule to make the cible "install" .Stop

I'm thinking maybe you are trying to install an RPM or DEB package
instead of building from source.  "make install" is a step in the source
build process, but it's not used if you are installing a prebuilt
package.  Instead, see the docs for whatever package management system
you're using.  With RPMs, for instance, you'd do something like
    sudo rpm -i postgresql-*.rpm